Friday, July 10, 2009

Vomit!!











Well we got you to read it didn't we! Yesterday we picked the Tradewinds Hotel in Placencia, BZ. We have a little house right on the beachfront, but don't be too jealous until you read on. First of all there is a lot of sea grass, so in the afternoon and evening the beach is pretty dirty (although it is worse in the middle of the inlet). Right after arriving we took a shower and when I got out, I went and sat in the hammock to wait for Rose. Then we started to walk up the path to get some dinner. Rose asked what was all over the back of my pants and I put my hand there and wiped off what smelled like vomit. We went straight back and I changed and cleaned up. Needless to say, our hammock was changed out for a new one when we got back. I'd have expected move for $50 a night, since we've been vomitless in GUA for $15. I guess it's all about location. We are going to try to go snorkeling tomorrow (today it was too windy and choppy to go) with a guy named Renee. I started taking some antibiotic (Zithro) because I got a sinus infection and we plan to cross back to GUA the day after snorkeling and they are hell on anyone who sneezes at the border (as if having a runny nose is a crime) but later the same day I broke out in a rash. Benadryl, anyone? BZ is pretty expensive, so we are probably going to go back the day after we go snorkeling. Rose is really not all that impressed with the beach so far, so I think we'll head down to Rio Hondo to the water park there after this. -Mom
Today we went and ate cake for breakfast, that was pretty cool. We went to the beach all morining after breakfast until lunch. For lunch we went to the Pickled Parrot and there was a cat sitting under my chair. When we came here in our blog there was a dog who followed us, all because I said HI, but he's gone now, he was pretty stinky. They speak English here and I'm so happy about that. Tonight we are going to have pizza and I hope we have lots of fun snorkeling because the last few days have been boring. The day after that we're going to the water parks, which I want to go to. As you heard about Mom's puke story that was yucky. Until next blogging....Rose

2 comments:

  1. How was the snorkeling? Any cool fish, turtles...etc? Good luck on the pig-flu border closing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get to go snorkeling. bet they have lots and lots of fish.
    Shelley check your yahoo email. I put a message there for you.
    Keep keeping us posted!!
    Love g&g

    ReplyDelete