Wednesday, July 8, 2009

O MY GOSH !!!!!!!







Yesterday we went to the Finca el Paraiso's restaurant and hot waterfall. The bus dropped us off in the middle of the street. So we were walking up the road to get there and a little lady said that it was about an hour walk so we were walking and a Coke truck (the kind that carries glass bottles) gave us a ride to the restaurant. Then when we wanted to go back they called a tractor and we rode in the back of a tractor on pop crates to the little road.Then we rode in the back of a pick up truck to the hot waterfall and it was awesome the waterfall was hot but the river was freezing. While I was standing in the water I noticed some fish so I tried to scare them away so I could get out. The tour guide told us that they bite but mom thought that he was pulling my leg. Then all of a sudden I felt a pinch and I jumped out of the water and I mean literally jumped. The little fish had bitten me and I did not get back in the water. Then we got a bus to El Estor and stayed at Hotel Vista de Lago.
Today we cought a bus from El Estor to Rio Dulce and then to Puerto Barrios were we are staying at the Hotel Europa 2. There isn't really much to do here. Tomorow we are going to take a ferry to Belize instead of Honduras. I don,t know what we are doing there so I'm going with the flow.
****Rose
Well after about a week of back and forth about Honduras, we can´t get a straight answer from anyone. Everyone has a different take on it--so we are going to head tomorrow to Placencia, Belize. We are trying to look for a few good places right now on the other computer. This place has AC so we want to stay all day. Yesterday was very eventful and adventurous, how many people can say they rode the coke truck in Guatemala on the same day you get to ride a tractor behind the farmer? -Mom

4 comments:

  1. Watch out for rabies with that fish bite! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear its going well...have fun in Belize. Kids, dog and I went to Loveland yesterday....wore out the grandma! Off to Nate gymnastics today!

    Lis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Biting fish and riding with a Coke truck and behind a tractor. Sounds like my kind of vacation. Were the Coke bottles at least full? I've always heard it was good when the fish were biting, but maybe that's different when they are biting you....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess it was one of of those days in Guatemala--we got to ride up front in the coke truck and some were empty and some were full. It would have made a better story if we would have been hanging off the handles in back though bumping along that old dirt road. Needless to say, we never got back int he water after that.

    ReplyDelete