Friday, July 24, 2009

Leaving San Pedro--Heading Back to Antigua




Hello All-
Today we had our last day of classes in San Pedro. Rose worked really hard and it was hard for me to speak for so long in Spanish only, but really good practice. We finished our weaving today and are excited to go to Monterrico (sea turtle place) on Sunday. We have to go back to Antigua tomorrow and spend the night in order to get there. Rose doesn't mind Antigua and neither do I, pretty civilized city with a MCD's. We're going to try to stay at the same hostel and get a shuttle to Monterrico on Sunday. --Mom
A hermit crab died? How sad! Which one is it? I bet it was really gross. We had our last day of classes and I am so happy but so sad. I learned a lot more than I learned in the 2 weeks we were here last time. We bought about a bazillion beads to make bracelets and my teacher taught me how to make a different kind, too. We finished weaving and it was really fun, except when we got to the end and it was really hard because there wasn't much space left. We are headed to Antigua to stay a night there and we are going to save the baby sea turtles. Bet they're going to be cute. I'll take lots of pictures. Me and mom send our love--Rose

3 comments:

  1. M&R -
    Glad classes went well, and that you had a good time.

    Jasmine rode to the recycle place with us this morning to take down the grass clippings, and...they gave her a dog biscuit at the gate. She was so excited. Jasmine is being really good, but will be happy to see you guys, it's maybe too quiet around here.

    We are all missing you guys, and will be happy to have you get home.

    G&G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy the weeks go by quickly!! Glad to hear you had a great educational experience and learned a couple new crafts. I can't wait for you to me teach me how to make a bead bracelets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Save the Sea Turtles! Have a good time....this will give you good practice counting in Spanish...you have to count them right?!
    We are slowly getting better...but it hangs on a while...we all ended up with fevers and snotty faces in the end...sniffle, sniffle.
    Love you, Lissy

    ReplyDelete