Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Finca Ixobel











Yesterday we spent all day on the bus from Guatemala City to Poptun, Guatemala. It was 7 hours long to arrive at Finca Ixobel, tired and hot. Since we are in the northern part of Guatemala, the heat and humidity are almost oppressive. We met some people at the Finca and really just went to bed early. -Mom
We got to the finca and it's not how I remember it. The bird was still there saying ¨hola¨
all morning long. It sang hi too. It likes to do tricks. I´m looking forward to buying something with my money and swimming in the finca´s lagoon this afternoon. I also figured out that I like fried zuccini. It´s very loud here, and it was very loud last night because of all the bugs, birds and animals. I also want to send out postcards today. -Rose

9 comments:

  1. SOUNDS LIKE A THE LAGOON WILL BE A GREAT PLACE TO COOL OFF.
    I LIKED FRIED ZUCCINI TOO. ENJOY YOUR STAY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds loud, hot and sticky....just like a good vacation should be. Crabs have already changed shells once and Jazzie ate her first waffle....right off the table....she's a quick learner!
    Love you Lis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm.....no "almost" teenager to go buy firework with this year. Miss you guys, and hope you are having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie
    I am glad you think so I do to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grandpa
    send me pictures of the forth fo july and save me some fire works
    -rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. liss
    that sounds like jazz well give here a kiss for me
    -rose and mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nate woke early for his birthday cupcake...see the blog if you get a chance...we are posting AM pics and pics of the parade! Mel
    Watered all the plants today,....house if fine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. liss
    did that bird get caught in the window well again or what happend to him
    rose

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wells were still covered and I found no eveidence of hime in the backyard. I am sure he found his way to flying and he back with his siblings! Nate and Kailee stayed up after 10pm watching fireworks....had fun. Jazzy a little scared..but doing great!
    Lis

    ReplyDelete